Death by Suicide
Meaning in Life
Dealing with death is a life experience that few wants to face, but none can evade. Undoubtedly, the challenge of simply fathoming suicide accounts for the vast array of attitudes toward suicide found in the history of Western civilization: bafflement, dismissal, heroic glorification, sympathy, anger, moral or religious condemnation.
When a death is by suicide, the state and some religions, especially Western religions, mark the act as illegal or immoral. In ethics and other branches of philosophy, suicide poses difficult questions, answered differently by philosophers from different times and traditions, and from the same time and tradition. The greatest thinkers throughout history have not reached consensus on the subject.
- -Suicide is the eighth leading cause of death in the United States, accounting for more than 1% of all deaths
- -More years of life are lost to suicide than to any other single cause except heart disease and cancer
- -30,000 Americans die by suicide each year; an additional 500,000 Americans attempt suicide annually
- -The actual ratio of attempts to completed suicides is probably at least 10 to 1
- -30% to 40% of persons who complete suicide have made a previous attempt
- -The risk of completed suicide is more than 100 times greater than average in the first year after an attempt – 80 times greater for women, 200 times greater for men, 200 times greater for people over 45, and 300 times greater for white men over 65
- -Suicide rates are highest in old age: 20% of the population and 40% of suicide victims are over 60. After age 75, the rate is three times higher than average, and among white men over 80, it is six times higher than average
Compassionate Cleanup Professionals
AA Trauma Cleaning Service specialize in helping families clean up after tragic circumstances – Suicide Cleanup, Homicide Cleanup, Accidents Blood Cleanup. We work directly with their insurance company, easing their burden during such tragic times.
AA Trauma Cleaning Service provides crime scene cleanup, disaster mitigation, facility maintenance services, and general construction services throughout South Florida and up the Treasure Coast. Locations include, but are not limited to, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St.Lucie, Okeechobee, Indian River, Brevard and Volucia county. Some serviced cities include Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Jupiter Island, Hobe Sound, Stuart, Jensen Beach, Palm City, Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Vero Beach and more.
On Call 24x7
We provide on-call emergency services 24/7 – 772.223.7400.
AA Trauma Cleanup Service provides quality work, timely service, and reasonable pricing. We pride ourselves on the high standards we have established and maintained as a Treasure Coast area business. Our 24 hour response team will work quickly and efficiently with discretion and confidentiality. Unmarked vehicles are available upon request. We will gladly provide references.